These salmon kabobs are perfect for grilling on a hot summer day. Take note of the pineapple and italian salad dressing seasoning.
- 6 medium white potatoes, well scrubbed
- 1 1/2 salmon fillets, cut into 1 1/2-inch chunks
- 2 medium onions, peeled and quartered
- 2 medium green and yellow peppers, seeded and quartered
- 6 slices fresh pineapple, cored and cut into quarters
- 1 1/2 cups Italian salad dressing
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 12 skewers
- Slice potatoes crosswise into 1/2 inch round slices. Cook potato slices in a large pot of boiling water for about 6 minutes. Drain, cool.
- On each of 12 skewers, place ingredients in the following order: pepper to secure food, potato, pineapple, pepper, onion, salmon and another onion. Repeat, beginning with potato, until each skewer holds about 8 inches of food. End each skewer with pepper to secure. Continue with remaining skewers.
- Place skewers in a 13-inch x 9-inch pan and drizzle Italian dressing over them. Cover with plastic wrap and let marinate in refrigerator for about an hour. Prepare grill.
- When grill is ready, lightly oil the grill tray to prevent kebabs from sticking. Grill kebabs, turning and basting frequently with barbeque sauce, about 6-7 minutes or until brown.