A deliciously unique marinade gives this barbecued salmon a special flavour.
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup orange juice concentrate
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1 tablespoon green onion, minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 4 salmon steaks (1 inch thick)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- In a shallow glass baking dish, combine soy sauce, orange juice concentrate, oil, tomato sauce, lemon juice, mustard, green onion, garlic, and ginger. Place salmon in marinade, and turn to coat. Cover, and refrigerate for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for high heat.
- Remove salmon from marinade. Pour marinade into a small saucepan. Bring to a boil, and cook for 1 minute.
- Lightly oil the grill grate. Brush or spray salmon with olive oil. Cook on grill for 5 to 10 minutes, or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Turn salmon once, and brush with boiled marinade halfway through cooking time.